1. My sister, her husband, and my brand-new niece (!) live there. Oh baby! Look at that face. Luci is pruning* with the best of ’em.
2. My Dad just got back from a week spent with his first grandchild. If you know my dad, you know this is The. Moment. he’s been waiting for all his life. My mom is also hysterically excited (and still in Montana). I can feel their happiness from here.
3. It’s so gorgeous there! When we visited last August I was shocked at the scenery. I’ve seen mountains before, and clear blue waters, and green trees, but all in one magical place? That’s Bozeman.
4. They have our favoritest co-op we’ve visited so far with a sourdough bread Brad dreams about. Plus, it’s called “Bozo,” which is flat-out hilarious.
5. Luci! Our very own mountain girl!
6. My other sister, Jill, is moving to Bozeman this weekend. Let’s put aside the dark and sad abyss that will be my life after that happens and instead think about the epic 18-hour road trip she and I will share when I help drive her out there! We’re going through Sturgis, people, so you know it’s going to be great. Or something.
* I read this year that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen say “prune” when their picture is taken to get that pouty lip thing going. My sisters and I have been mimicking that pouty lip face for probably a decade, so you can imagine the revelation this was to us.