A list of links is such a lousy way to rejoin all of you after being so silent for so long, but I just really like lists. So to start, here’s a list of the things I’ve done since I last posted:
1. I ate the pizza. But not all of it. I carefully tore around the bug.
2. I went to Montana to visit my wee little sister and her mountain-man husband. I love these two; I especially love them together. The best part was that even though we went hiking multiple times, indoor plumbing was available to me at all times. (That’s not true–talking with my sister was the best part.)
3. I’ve made this cake; this for dinner for us twice, my sister and her husband, and for a friend and her new baby (squeal!); this technicolor salad so many times; and then this, this, and this Wednesday night. We are not starving, but we did make the appropriate modifications to the recipes so they were best for Brad, in case you were worrying (Tim).
4. I’ve been training for another half marathon and it’s not going so well. And by not going so well I mean my sister-in-law (who is running it with me) might have to drag me across the finish line. Perhaps I should take up another sport.
5. I decided I unlove Edith Wharton. She needs to go hold a giggling baby or take a walk in a field of flowers or something. Girl is DEPRESSED.
But enough about me. Here are some goodies for you:
// Literary classics that just aren’t all that good. My top pick for overrated classic? Catch-22 (and I think my mom would nominate anything by Gertrude Stein).
// There is a sink that ferries dirty dishes away to a dishwasher and leaves a clean sink behind, all by itself. Why has this never been done before?
// It’s like they thought of all the worst things you could put in your body, then put them in honey.
// Now that I’ve been to a National Park (Yellowstone! Pictures soon), I’m sort of into these. The 5th Avenue Glacier Park throw is my favorite and I think my parents had a similar one at one time. I’m pretty sure one of us put it in the dryer and it came out all ripply. Sad.
photo: this amazing poster I almost bought for Jessie and Jonathan